Over 150 people from 68 public, private and voluntary sector organisations attended the third One West Lancs showcase event on July 6th 2016 at Edge Hill University.
Local voluntary, community and faith sector (VCFS) organisations were given the opportunity to showcase their work, and there were information stands and plenty of opportunities for networking.
The programme for the day included presentations from a range of speakers and the full report can be found here.
Useful links from the day:
- Sandra Bonner, West Lancs Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG): the health case for being physically and socially active
- Pamela Holstein, West Lancs Borough Council: helping residents of West Lancs get digitally connected
- Anne Strachan, CrowdFunding: opportunities for fundraising through Crowdfunding and some good examples of successful campaigns
- ‘Crossing the Line’ – film by the Artz Centre, Skelmersdale: The film is part of a new initiative to help young people recognise the risks of becoming involved in organised crime. More information here: www.artzcentre.co.uk/artz-centre-launch-national-crime-film/
- Launch of Active West Lancs: a partnership of 5 local organisations aiming to provide activities to get West Lancs more active. Read the presentation here. Website: www.activewestlancs.org