Volunteers are at the heart of the Community Champions scheme and we are recruiting volunteers who can:
- Help us get accurate information we provide about covid-19 into communities.
- Give help to others in your neighbourhood – through practical tasks or helping out with a local organisation
1. Volunteer to cascade information
We are working to counter fake news by providing accurate information for Community Champions to cascade into the heart of communities.
We circulate a weekly West Lancs COVID-19 information update (see here for examples) and post up to date information on our social media channels
As a Community Champion, you can be a ‘hero from home’ by passing this information on – to your social media friends, to WhatsApp groups, Facebook forums, or simply email it onto your family/friends/networks.
2. Volunteer to help with practical tasks or with a local organisation
We are recruiting volunteers to help with practical tasks. Recent examples include delivering oximeters to patients.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jan at the Volunteer Centre
3. Volunteer to support your community
Do contact Jan at the Volunteer Centre if you’re interested in any of this week’s opportunities: