As we move into our 50th year, we are growing our trustee board to help play a key role in supporting the dynamic and vital work of the West Lancs voluntary sector.
- Could you help us continue to support positive community action and partnerships across our West Lancashire communities?
- Do you have skills and experience to be one of our new trustees?
Our trustees play a vital role in making sure CVS achieves its core purpose. They oversee the overall management and administration of the charity. They also ensure that CVS has a clear strategy and that our work and goals are in line with our vision. Just as importantly, they support and challenge the executive team to enable CVS to grow and thrive.
West Lancs CVS was set up in 1973, and is the key infrastructure organisation for voluntary and community groups in West Lancashire.
We currently offer:
- Volunteer Support and Recruitment Services
- Funding Advice and Grants
- Networking Contacts
- Community Development Support
- Regular Newsletters and advice
- Health Networking support and funding
Our CVS team is committed to a supporting a strong and effective voluntary sector – to ensure people across the Borough are supported through these difficult times and local projects are enabled to develop and grow.
We are also committed to partnership working with the Borough and County Councils and other statutory and VCFSE organisations to help streamline and deliver programmes that meet people’s real needs in each community.
We are looking for experienced people to join our Board and are particularly keen to recruit people who have experience or skills in one or more of the following areas:
- ability to innovate
- ability to understand and plan finance
- ability to promote strategic thinking
- knowledge of HR best practice
- ability to able to ask difficult questions when necessary
- an understanding of the voluntary sector (particularly in West Lancs)
- experience of policy development
- senior management experience
It also is important to us that our board reflects the diversity of our communities and would particularly welcome applications from the broadest age range, disability spectrum, and from black and minority ethnic communities including refugees.
Our Board currently meets monthly for two hours, and we would hope to have a couple of training and team days during the year to ensure we are well in touch with our team and community organisations.
If you could be a positive influence on our organisation and feel this role might suit you, please send a covering letter referring to the Role Description and a maximum two page CV via e mail to: email@example.com
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role then please contact our Joint Chair John Davis on 07710 427560.
Shortlisted prospective Board Members will be invited to meet a panel including our Board Members, Chief Officer and Operations Manager
Download the Trustee Role Description here
We are pleased to announce that the creation of a new voluntary sector Directory of Services is underway.
The new Directory will be available on our website and aims to:
- showcase the amazing work of the West Lancs voluntary sector
- help people to search for local services and activities
- give vital publicity to West Lancs groups and organisations
Over the last 50 years as the key umbrella body for the voluntary sector, West Lancs CVS has provided vital support to help local voluntary and community groups grow and flourish. As part of this, we regularly published a local Directory of Services. Now after a gap of a few years, we’re delighted to be able to create this new online Directory as a local information hub.
We’re working to make sure the Directory is as comprehensive as possible and fully reflects the fantastic work of the sector in providing key services and activities across the Borough. As part of this we’re updating all the details we currently hold for groups and organisations operating across West Lancs.
Please spread the word in your local area – no matter how big or small the group is, we want to hear from them!
Groups and organisations can use this link to send us their details: