Welcome to West Lancashire Council for Voluntary Service! The CVS is a charity, and was set up in 1973 to help support and develop voluntary and community groups. It is the key umbrella group for such groups in West Lancashire today.
This site contains information about the services we can offer to your group, including funding advice, training, and information. We also have information on local volunteering opportunities and the latest Local Community News - an online bulletin board for local groups, events and services.
- Find out more about the 'Show What You Grow' Day 2014 which took place on July 16th. Click here for the report on this celebration of school gardening.
- Please click here to go to the new directory of Voluntary and Community Groups in West Lancashire.
- We have moved! Our new address is now Certacs House, 10-12 Westgate, Skelmersdale WN8 8AZ. Our phone number and email addresses will stay the same.
- West Lancashire Children's and Young People's Trust have published an excellent guide to summer holiday activities in West Lancs for 0-19 year olds. Click here to download.
- Community-i : this new website being developed by West Lancs CVS on behalf of One West Lancs, is designed to link people together - enabling funds to be raised for local community activities and services while at the same time helping businesses to raise their profile and promote their products. http://communityiwestlancs.org: Please visit Community-i for local events, community groups and businesses in Ormskirk, Skelmersdale and West Lancs.