The West Lancs Community Champions Fund 2021 has now closed.
Applicants to the scheme will be notified of the decisions as soon as possible.
We will feature news about the funded projects here later in the year.
The grant scheme is focused on supporting individuals and communities affected by the pandemic and, in particular, those in the following vulnerable groups:
- Older people, especially those who are socially isolated
- Younger people, especially those who are socially isolated
- People with mild or long-term mental health problems
- People with a learning or a physical disability
- Unpaid carers (including those receiving carers allowance)
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities
- People who are on a low income
- People who are digitally excluded
- People who frequently attend primary and/or secondary health care.
The main priority areas for this grant scheme are to:
- Support the delivery of important and positive COVID-19 messages
- Help people and communities to recover from the impact that COVID-19 has had on their life
- Improve health and wellbeing – such as helping people to be active
- Reduce isolation
- Support the commitment to a greener West Lancashire
Grants ranging from £1,000 – £25,000 were available to West Lancashire voluntary, community, faith, and social enterprise organisations, to support the work they’re doing in helping communities impacted by COVID-19.